The Mow Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Racing Mower Discussion Board and Forum.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mower type ??

+2
mowerman
mowed
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mower type ?? Empty Mower type ?? Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:39 pm

mowed

mowed
Rookie

what is the best mower to start with to run in the ARMA class specifically the Super Stock class

2Mower type ?? Empty Re: Mower type ?? Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:41 am

mowerman

mowerman
Rookie

Mowed,
From what I have seen and read at various blogs, forums etc, when it comes to picking out a mower to race the best one is always the free one Very Happy , I have read the MTD with the tunnel type frame has been of users choice. There is a great build info located at www.heymow.com look under the complete build and choose Georges build 07. It gives great info along with some super pictures of building that type of mower. I myself am in the process of building a Murray mower that was a Freebie......Its amazing how many parts and mowers are just sitting out there. I had another given to me recently but when we went to get it someone had stolen it, you also may want to check at your local junk yard, a buddy of mine not knowing I was going to race took two of his to the junk yard to get scrap metal price for them.

When you start your build be sure to decide what class and under what rules, that way you build one that is eligible for that class.

Be sure to post your build in the complete build section with pictures.

3Mower type ?? Empty Re: Mower type ?? Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:03 pm

jokerwildracingteam44

jokerwildracingteam44
Rookie

I have build a MTD racing lawn mower for 2008. I relly like it iam use a smokin joe cassie i what to thank you joe my is a super stock class here is a photo's of my build
Mower type ?? Green11Mower type ?? Green210
Mower type ?? Green_10

Last edited by Admin on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

4Mower type ?? Empty Re: Mower type ?? Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:38 pm

mowerman

mowerman
Rookie

jokerwildracingteam44
Nice looking mower, like how you have it lowered down like that. You need to paint a big joker on the hood like the one kneeling beside it in the first picture. Laughing Nice Job !! Looks great!

5Mower type ?? Empty Re: Mower type ?? Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:07 am

300Busa

300Busa
Admin
Admin

Nice man! I hope you can keep it looking that good jocolor

6Mower type ?? Empty Re: Mower type ?? Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:53 pm

turf_trasher

Rookie

Nice machine Joker. We just inherited an MTD/Huskee exactly like the one you pictured there. Did you have to modify the chassis a lot? Big question: What tranny are you using? I ask because we are considering building up for racing, and right now it's a toss up between the MTD/Huskee and a mid-70's AMF/Dynamark. Just trying to get some feedback so we can build the best one.

7Mower type ?? Empty Re: Mower type ?? Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 pm

smokin joe

smokin joe
Admin
Admin

The mtd I think is the best thou both make good racers. What class are you building? And where are you located.Go to www.heymow.com and check out georges 07 build in the build section it is a live axle. His sons build is on there also and they use a transaxle. This way you can see how to set up for both ways. Or give me a call 740-342-7382 E-mail smokin1fst@yahoo.com Thanks Smokin Joe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum