The Mow Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Racing Mower Discussion Board and Forum.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No OBAMA!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No OBAMA! Empty No OBAMA! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:00 pm

300Busa

300Busa
Admin
Admin

Yeah, I really cant wait until this election is over. because honestly in my opinion is all of us voters can only speculate.

I don’t think any of us trust anyone in government and I think we are all just doing the "best guess" dance.

And the sad part is, none of us will know if we made the right choice until it is too late.

Well with that said:

Here are some links and comments that are the cause of my below rant

The National Republican Trust - Political Action Committee

I got this email (havn’t verified, however I have been hearing the same criticisms over and over from multiple sources, I am guessing there has to be some truth to it)

He wants to almost double the capital gains tax. He wants to strip the FICA tax cap off every worker making more than $97,500. He wants to increase the dividend tax. He wants to let the Bush tax cuts expire — giving almost every American family an automatic tax increase (+5%).

He has called for more than $800 billion in new spending programs.
He is so radical he even backed driver's licenses for illegal aliens — even though such a move would help future terrorists move freely in the United States.

He is the most pro-abortion candidate in the history of the country. In 2001, as a state legislator in Illinois, he opposed a bill to protect live born children — children actually born alive! He was the only Illinois senator to speak out against the bill.

He opposes gun rights. He has long history of trying to deny ordinary citizens access to guns.
He originally backed Washington D.C.'s total ban on private handguns — a ban that was overturned. The NRA rated him an "F" on gun positions and says he is one of the most dangerous anti-gun politicians in the nation.
Never forget that Obama is a Harvard educated elitist. To him we Americans are simply "bitter" and he has mocked us saying "[they] cling to their guns and their religion."

And finally, below is my rant:

I just feel like there is a recurring issue when it comes to Obama, Taxes and the concept of "spreading the wealth around"

I don’t want to bust my a$$ and have my wife bust her a$$ working so I can pay higher taxes so lazy a$$ people can be given things.

I have done some research and it does seem to be true that the democrats are primarily (if not solely) responsible for our current mortgage crisis. The democrats were pushing legislation and banks and mortgage companies so that people could purchase houses that they normally couldn’t afford.

I am all for helping people, but I will help who I choose to help. I don’t want money forcibly taken from me and someone else deciding who should be helped with my money.

I still remember someone I was in college with. I met up with him a few years after we got out.

He had married some girl and they had I think 4 or more kids.

My wife and I were working both full time jobs, paying for day care etc. and living pay check to paycheck.

This guy and his wife, they were on welfare.

they were driving a nicer car than we were, they lived in a house twice the size of ours, and they ate better and had more food in their refrigerator than we did.

I didnt say anything to him, but I just kind of shook my head thinking wtf. he nor his wife were even trying to get a job. they flat out said if they got jobs they would not be living as well as they were.

So I am busting my but so someone else can kick back and not do anything all day long.

I remember I had some guy drive through my fence in my front yard. Hispanic male, no insurance, no drivers license, tried to flee but couldn’t because his cars transmission was stuck on a pipe sticking out of the ground.

Cops came, took a report and I think they sited him for no DL and no insurance and let him go. Called a toe truck and had his car towed.

That was it. Found out nothing happened to him, he was fined but he didn’t have a job, couldn’t get money out of him.

I ended up paying for all the repairs myself.

Bottom line is I am tired of dead beat lazy a$$ people that don’t want to play by the rules, they get away with it and I pay for it.

If someone falls on hard times, they lose their job, medical crisis or whatever, fine, lets help those people. But come on, too many people stay on welfare because they would live worse if they tried and get a job.

All these mortgage companies gave loans to people who should never have been able to qualify for a loan, and now I am paying for it.

I don’t want to “spread the wealth around” and I want to support my family and send my 3 boys to college. I need the money that is going to help countries that hate us.

I need the money that I am giving to our government so they can support illegal aliens.

I need the money that I am being forced to give to people on welfare who don’t want to get off welfare because welfare treats them too good.

And guess what? With Obama and a democratic party in charge, that is exactly what is going to happen. The “wealth” will be spread around.

That just isn’t right.

2No OBAMA! Empty Re: No OBAMA! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 pm

rgeneral01

Rookie

The said thing is, your vote, as a law-abiding, tax-paying productive member of this society, counts just as much as the law-breaking, lazy ass, crack-head welfare recipient who never did a thing for himself let alone his kids or someone else. When there gets to be more of the latter than the former....

So, how do we fix it? These are VERY be controversial and some unconstitutional, but some options nontheless:

1. Drug test for Welfare check
2. No vote if you don't pay taxes or if you take Welfare check
3. No vote for convicted felons (already law but Dems trying to get it repealed because it seems that demographic is primarily Democratic)

More ideas?

In Robert K. Heinlen's "Starship Troopers" (more than just shoot-em up SCI-FI if you ever read it) Heinlen talks alot about earning 'franchise' - the right to vote. In his society, you didin't get to vote unless you honorably served. Franchise meant, that unless you were productive to the society, you may get to live off it, but you lost the chance to control it.

Interesting thoughts

3No OBAMA! Empty Re: No OBAMA! Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 pm

300Busa

300Busa
Admin
Admin

rgeneral01 wrote:The said thing is, your vote, as a law-abiding, tax-paying productive member of this society, counts just as much as the law-breaking, lazy ass, crack-head welfare recipient who never did a thing for himself let alone his kids or someone else. When there gets to be more of the latter than the former....

So, how do we fix it? These are VERY be controversial and some unconstitutional, but some options nontheless:

1. Drug test for Welfare check
2. No vote if you don't pay taxes or if you take Welfare check
3. No vote for convicted felons (already law but Dems trying to get it repealed because it seems that demographic is primarily Democratic)

More ideas?

In Robert K. Heinlen's "Starship Troopers" (more than just shoot-em up SCI-FI if you ever read it) Heinlen talks alot about earning 'franchise' - the right to vote. In his society, you didin't get to vote unless you honorably served. Franchise meant, that unless you were productive to the society, you may get to live off it, but you lost the chance to control it.

Interesting thoughts

You bring up some excellent ideas there. I can't see any of them ever being put into place though. It would save us all a lot of money for sure if it did!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum